Monday, May 16, 2011

Me, Me, Me Mondays!

So today seemed like a good day to think about myself ;) Like most of you, I'm sure, I have a quickly growing Favorites list on Etsy full of things I would love to purchase if only I could get paid for taking care of my own kids! I decided to share a few of those with you today because...well...today is all about me! :)

This first one is an INSANELY cute print from ApplewoodKnoll. The first thing about it that caught my eye is the fabulous color scheme. I'm usually such a pink, purple and brown sort of girl that I was surprised at how much I fell in love with the orange and teal colors in this print! Then there is that adorable little baby dragon that I just want to stick in my pocket! I love that he's sneezing a little fireball - what baby doesn't look cute when they sneeze? Then how can you forget about the owl? That startled look on his face paired with those little tufts of "feathers" sticking out on the sides of his head make for some serious cuteness! I also must admit that I'm a sucker for argyle, so the background just adds to this piece for me! And if that all wasn't enough, it's printed on 100% recycled paper!
Owl and Dragon Nursery Art Print Recycled Paper for 5 x 7 frame

Needlefelting is one of those crafts that I desperately want to learn, but it seems like such a daunting task! I've seen some not-so-cute needlefelting and I fear that mine will end up looking like a fuzzy ball of wool with eyes or something! So I'm always very impressed when I come across a really great needlefelted piece, and this one truly blew me away!The details are so amazing and looking at this doll makes me want to watch the artist at work! those little flowers on her pj's, the bunny slippers and the teddy bear are so tiny and perfect! I also really love her hair, it looks so realistic and styled! I have to give serious props to Aquagirl5 for her amazing skills!
Needle felted OOAK Little Girl Baby Doll

When I first saw this kitty superhero print from NoosedKitty, I laughed out loud! That cat is hilarious! I love how uncertain he looks and the emotions in his eyes! The look on his face plus the unassuming lettering on the "i fight crime" message equal one seriously cute but unwilling superhero that I would love to have in my collection! I wonder what his name is??
I Fight Crime Print

Although I don't think I could pull it off :( I love, love, love this awesome feather extension from AmethystSunflower! If these extensions came with a guarantee that I would look as gorgeous as this model when I wore it, I would buy them all!! I have to admit that I may have a bit of bias towards the model - and designer - here, she is my best friend from High School and is one of the most talented people I have ever known! Along with creating fabulous extensions for your hair, she is also an insanely talented musician!!! If you want to hear some awesome music, check out this video from Little Queen - The Music of Heart, one of her former bands, which is easily the best Heart tribute band EVER! And if that weren't enough, she is also in another band that performs a fabulous mix of southern rock and bluegrass - check out the music player here on her Facebook page!
ALTHEA - Grateful Dead - Feather Extension

Are you ever running around somewhere and you get a great idea for a new item for your shop, or you get an idea for a poem, or see something that inspires you to draw it RIGHT NOW? Well then, these sweet scribbling blocks from LiLaO should seriously be in your bag! I love the fact that they have both recycled white paper and colored heavyweight paper in them - just the idea of it makes me feel creative!!! When you stop by her shop to check them out, you should really see the miniature versions that they have in earring form - CUTE!
Scribbling Block Pocket Sketchbook Journal 13

Okay, that's enough about me for now...I guess! I hope you all have a fabulous Monday!

6 comments:

LiLa O said...

I'm one of those who have massive amounts of marked favorites and truckloads in her Etsy cart too! I love your "Me, Me, Me Mondays" concept. We all should have this. :) Thanks so much for the feature! A fab 'Me Monday" to you as well! Hugs! ♥LiLaO

J Honda said...

Fabulous blog!! GO LilaO!!

Melissa at bubbyandbean.com said...

LOVE those feather earrings! Great collection of goodies!


xo,
melissa

Bliss Accessories said...

Super cute collection of items....I love them all!

Sheryl Hastings said...

Oh boy! If I only had money to buy all the cute things I see on Etsy! My want list is HUGE!

Fantasy Art by Cara and Christi Brown said...

This is a great blog! Thank you so much for not only featuring my "Baby's First Sneeze" recycled paper print, but also for posting the way you experienced it! http://candcfantasyart.blogspot.com/ is a blog I'm doing about art marketing! Please check it out!